We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client and require an experienced Registered Manager for a children’s service.
Our client is a market leader in this sector and has an excellent reputation due to the successful delivery of specialist services within children’s homes/schools across the U.K
Requirements of the role:
- Responsible for the delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home.
- To ensure safeguarding of all children is paramount and at the forefront of all decision making.
- To promote positive outcomes for young people in all aspects of their care
- Accountable for the safety and wellbeing of all young people within the service
- To ensure a positive and supportive environment is created for each young person
- Develop staff training in line with company plans and support staff through their NVQ Level 3 Award (Health and Social Care - Children and Young People).
- To ensure full compliance to policies, procedures and health and safety legislation
- To participate in regular on call duties
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years experience within residential childcare
- Knowledge of handling Ofsted Inspections and the expectations of these.
- Experience in coordinating staffing rotas and staff management
- QCF Leadership and Management - Children and Young People Level 5.
Benefits of Role:
- Starting Salary of £29,000 plus bonuses
- 25 days Annual Leave per annum plus Bank Holidays initially
- Mobile phone
- Mileage at an agreed rate is payable for business purposes.
The successful candidate will need to be approved by the appropriate statutory body. This will require full Ofsted/CSSIW registration in accordance with their respective conditions and timescales.
Please note candidates will not be considered for this role unless they hold either NVQ Leadership and Management or QCF L5 Leadership and Management - Children and Young People.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to discuss the specifics of the role in more detail then please contact Emma Thompson on 01642 772 134 or submit an up to date copy of your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org